Personal Consultations with Parents
John Is now Available for Consultations with Parents At This Time: Please check back.
As of May 15, 2013, I am accepting new clients; however, I meet with clients only in North Carolina. The initial meeting between me and the parent(s) of the child in question must be in person, but it does not have to take place at my Gastonia, NC office. Following the initial meeting, subsequent meetings can be in person or by phone, Facetime, or Skype. However, if the parents are not NC residents, then all meetings must take place in North Carolina.
I practice with the following restrictions:
- In all likelihood, I will speak only with a child’s parents. In very rare cases, I might choose to meet with a teenage child.
- I do not accept insurance, Medicaid, or payment from any other third-party payee, and I will not fill out forms from or communicate with any of those sources. Clients can pay directly by check, cash, or credit card (Visa and MC only).
- Appointments cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled time will be billed at the full rate.
- I will not work with parents of a child when either the parents or the child are currently working with another professional concerning the child’s problems or when the child is taking medication prescribed by another professional for treatment of the problem or problems in question.
- If another professional has referred to me, I will work closely with that professional.
- I occasionally refer to or enlist the help of other professionals.
Sessions with me are consultations, not “therapy.” I focus on the problem or problems in question, work with parents to devise problem-solving strategies, and continue to meet with parents until the problem or problems are solved. Generally, three to five sessions is all that is deemed necessary.
If you are interested in having me contact you concerning a potential appointment, please fill out the form below. Please do not give a long, detailed description or history of the problem. A brief summary will suffice. I will contact you personally, by phone or email, within one week.